Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's visit to a shrine

I went to a shrine and came back just now. Many Japanese visit a shrine or temple at the beginning of the new year. Japanese call it "hatsu moude". I visited the Yasukuni Shrine this year.

I always go hatsu moude on 1st Jan. (It's normal.) But this year, I went today, 2nd. After eating Osechi foods (Japanese new year dishes) on 1st, I felt asleep very much. So I took a nap, long nap. Haha. So I couldn't go hatsu moude. From at the beginning of the New Year, I was lazy...

After visiting the shrine, I went to a department store for shopping. The department store was ve--ry crowded because of New Year sale. I don't know why but there were many Chinese or Korean. Why? I wonder it's not unusual that they come to Japan for New Year sale??

No comments: