Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Culture gap - Valentine's Day

I worked in Kyoto today and I came back to Osaka now.
Kyoto is one of most popular tourist spot in Japan. Many foreigners visit there.

But today, I went to Kyoto station and had a lunch at a fast food restaurant, and I rode a subway, then I arrived at the office. After job, I rode a subway again and I came back Osaka. So I didn't see anything in Kyoto. That's what business trip is all about. Haha...

By the way, today is Valentine's Day. In Japan, women give men chocolates for Valentine's Day. But it seems that it's the other way around in other countries. Men give women something. So my friend I met yesterday gave me chocolate. He is a foreigner. Hmm... I envy foreign women because I LOVE chocolate!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Azxel said...

I want chocolates!!! :'(
how i wish I was in Japan or Korea... hehe

sand said...

Oh, Korea is same Japan? I see.

14th March is the White day and men gave women candies in return. So if you get many chocolates from women, you have to give them many candies next month!

Azxel said...

hahaha! It works both ways like Valentine's Day after all. Unlike here (and most countries), both guys and girls give each other on the same day but these days, it's more of the guys spending more money.

sand said...

Haha, yes, guys consume more money than women even if places and times are changing.