Thursday, November 20, 2008

The current job hunting situation

A recruit agent introduced me a position the other day. I read the job description and I thought it was very close to my ideal. I want to expand my specialty from the learning and development to talent management. And as I wrote on this blog before, I want to work abroad sometime for a couple of years. The position seemed to have the possibility on both of them.

I was selected for the interview and the interview had been arranged. Unexpectedly, the 1st interview would be with a person abroad through a video conference. Wow!

But a week before the interview, the recruit agent brought the bad news. The position was closed.

It's a pity, but I can understand because it was one of the American biggest financial companies. I saw the recruit page on its web site. The last time I saw it, there were many positions but most of them had disappeared. I see. It can't be helped.

Today, another agent contacted me to introduce me a position. Surprisingly, it is also very close to my ideal. I'm not sure whether the position has the possibility to be able to work abroad, but at least the position would be required to work internationally. Good!

Recently not only financial companies but also all other industries step back from recruiting new people due to the current global financial crisis, so the number of new positions has been decreasing. According to many agents, positions are very few and many people apply for the same position, so competition is very keen.

Hmm... I want this position. First, I hope I can pass the resume screening.

No comments: