Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A business trip to Singapore part 1 - the First week

I came back from a business trip to Singapore. Two weeks in Singapore was very long and tough. I was tired.

I left Tokyo on 7th Monday morning. I used Singapore Airlines. Of course, most of the cabin attendants were Singaporeans and I couldn't understand their English with Singaporean accent. I really worried about what things would be like during my stay.
I arrived in Singapore in the evening. It was very humid, like Tokyo's summer. Ve--ry humid!

After checking into a hotel, I went to the Raffles Hotel with my co-worker, which is the classiest hotel in Singapore, and ate and drink a bit in a place like a courtyard.

Then we went to Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel, which is known for the birthplace of Singapore Sling. Of course we drank Singapore Sling!
It was my first day in Singapore.

Next day, tough situation, where everything was in English, started. To make things worse, I started to get a cold on Friday, because it was very cold everywhere inside in Singapore.

People in Singapore office were kind enough to treat us very well. They took us good places for dinner.
On Tuesday evening, we had chicken rice. It's very tasty! After the dinner, we went to the Swissotel the Standard Hotel to see the night view. It was very beautiful!

On Thursday evening, we went to a Mongolian restaurant in Clarke Quay.

Although I was srruounded in English and in the tough situation, the first week wasn't so bad. I think I did well. However, I started to get a cold on Friday and it was getting worse, it became much tougher.

No comments: