Monday, November 21, 2011

Guests from the world's happiest country

The king and queen of Bhutan returned to their country yesterday after 6-day staying in Japan.

Bhutan is known as the world's happiest country. It uses the concept of GNH (Gross National Happiness) instead of GDP.

The king projects kind, gentle and warm atmosphere.



Although Bhutan is called the happiest country, it has a lot of problems like other countries, for example, against China. But I think most of Japanese people were convinced that Bhutan must be a happy country from the king's character.

I'm not so interested in countries in Asia, but I thought I want to visit Bhutan sometime in the future.  It's also an interesting point for me that its established religion is Tibetan Buddhism.

2 comments:

AVINASH INARKAR said...

check this snap .. as its out gokulashtami festive...

http://avinashinarkar.blogspot.com/2011/11/gokulashtami.html

sand said...

Thank you for the nice photos.