Thursday, October 29, 2009

Book: "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult

(I read this in English.)

I went to see the movie, "My Sister's Keeper" the other day.
http://sandfriend.blogspot.com/2009/10/movie-my-sisters-keeper.html
Whenever I see movies after reading the book, I'm a bit disappointed, so I saw the movie first this time.

I always find a lot of words I don't know when I read English books, and realize my vocabulary is very poor. In addition, there were a lot of medical terms in the book this time. It's very frustrating to read books which have a lot of words I don't know.
I don't know that was a reason but reading it was a bit painful in the first half. But in the latter half, I couldn't stop reading. I wonder if the story became interesting.

When I watched its movie, I thought each person's story and feeling could be described more deeply in the book, although I hadn't read it, and it was true.

The story and the characters were a bit different, but it's often the case when books are made into a movie, isn't it?
However, the ending was MUCH different!! Yes, it's also often the case, but it's completely different. The ending in the book was really sad and shocking.

I think the filmmaker should have followed the original story.

No comments: