Friday, October 09, 2009

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.

About just one hour ago, it was announced that the American president Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. One of main reasons of his receiving the award is kind of "the abolishment of nuclear weapons."

That isn't quite convincing for me. He hasn't do anything yet. What he did is only saying. He hasn't achieve any results yet. It's easy to just say. Everyone can do that.

I hope he will achieve the results which is commensurate with the Nobel Peace Prize.

4 comments:

Herm said...

Yeah I thought it was strange for him to get it too. People are saying that he got it more for political reasons if you will. That he will be able to accomplish more now that he has the prize or something. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me but . . .

Do you really think that someone has to produce results to win the prize though? I would not go that far. . .

I mean, there could be people who dedicate their whole lives to struggle for peace, but don't actually achieve much because of the dire circumstances under which they were working. I think that results matter, of course, but I think speech/efforts, in and of themselves can be should also be valid grounds for winning the prize, depending on the circumstances of course . . .

sand said...

What Obama did is just saying. He even doesn't dedicate to struggle for peace yet. If he has dedicated himself to do that, I would be convinced his winning the prize though. He did nothing yet. That's why I think it's strange.

Dave said...

You are right. Some people didn't agree that he deserves it. Anyway, it's quite encouraging for us to know that he could get this prize. We are looking forward to his coming achievements.

sand said...

Dave,

Yes, now that he won the prize, he must achieve what he said!

Thank you for your comment!