Monday, November 23, 2009

Henry's handball put Ireland out of the World Cup.

The participating countries for the 2010 World Cup have been decided.
To my delight, Denmark is playing in the World Cup this time. Goody! I will cheer for Denmark, and England as usual.

Did you see the game, France vs. Ireland? France won for a hair and qualified for the World Cup, by Henry's goal with handball. It's called "New God's hand."

The handball scene couldn't be seen by a referee, so it can't be helped. It's often the case in sports games. However, for Ireland, it's not only one game lost. They lost the qualification for the World Cup. It's a really big matter. I feel very sorry for Ireland. When I think of feeling of the Ireland's players, I can't help feeling distress.

2 comments:

Herm said...

LOL. There is no feeling sorry in Soccer.


But why England and Denmark? Don't know much about Denmark but can't stand Rooney for some reason. I always liked Beckham though.

I usually root for the USA, but among European teams I usually root for France.

sand said...

I like the playing style of England soccer. I don't like ones of countries in South area, such as Italy, Portugal and South America, because their play is very dirty. It's not sports, in my opinion.
Thank you for your comment!