Friday, November 27, 2009

My bad listening comprehension #18

"If you look across the top of the spreadsheet, you'll see production volume XXXXX by site."

I didn't catch the part of XXXXX. It sounds "word" to me, but if it was "word", the sentence would be weird. I heard it repeatedly, then I finally came up with the word "ordered"! In this case, the sentence makes sense, doesn't it? (No?)

However, it wasn't "ordered", but "worldwide." Gah... Those are completely different.

In the dialogue, this sentence was said by a person who was supposed to be Indian. So she pretended speaking with Indian accent, but it's not so strong.

Do you think it's possible to mishear "worldwide" and "ordered"? It's probably only me...

My hearing wrong of the past:
http://sandfriend.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-bad-listening-comprehension-17.html

No comments: