Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Frozen shoulder?

I have had a pain in my right arm for more than a month. Especially I feel the pain when I lift the arm.

I felt the pain for the first time when I went to the relaxation salon to get massage in mid-October. When a massager stretched my arm after finishing massage, I felt a pain in my right arm. Since then, it hasn't cured.

I wonder if it's frozen shoulder.
Frozen shoulder is called 四十肩 (しじゅうかた) or 五十肩 (ごじゅうかた) in Japanese. Those mean "40 years old shoulder" or "50 years old shoulder", and it's one of the symbols of getting old. No way!

When I moved in bed this morning, my right arm made ボキッ sound. (ボキッ is a typical bone or joint sound. I wonder what you say it in English.) Then the pain decreased a little.

I still have the pain but it got much better after ボキッ. I hope it completely cures soon. I also hope it isn't frozen shoulder. haha.

No comments: