Sunday, September 08, 2013

Tokyo Gains Rights to Host 2020 Olympics


Tokyo won 2020 Olympics over Istanbul, Madrid!! Finally it was decided and finally the Olympics will be held in my city for the first time in my life.

Tokyo, or rather Japan is excited about it.

The presentations of the members of the Bidding Committee were very good. Especially prime minister Shinzo Abe did a good job, I think.
I've thought that he is bad at speech. Somehow his talking always sounds undependable even though he says very good things. He seems to have practiced a lot.

Many medias abroad say his presentation and answer to the nuclear leak-related question helped a lot with Tokyo's wining.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/07/us-olympics-2020-winner-idUSBRE9860HQ20130907#!



Other members did well too, except for governor Naoki Inose. I think he was a kind of deadweight. His presentation was immature and surprisingly, when he answered to a question, he looked as if he was angry with the questioner.

Anyway, I'm happy and I hope I am able to go to see the opening ceremony. I've always thought I must go to see an opening ceremony of Olympics at least once before I dies. Also, I hope I can play some form of role in conducting the Tokyo Olympics.

No comments: