Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mini Kyoto trip Part 1 --- 1st day-1 Kiyomizu temple

I went on an overnight trip to Kyoto. I chose the top season of autumn leaves so it was hard to book a hotel. I could find one hotel with difficulty. But according to news, autumn leaves season in Kyoto was very late this year. Oh, no!

I left Tokyo station around 9:00am. The station was very crowded because of three-day weekend.

I arrived at Kyoto station around 11:30am and went to my hotel. My friend who lives in Kyoto came to the hotel to pick me up.

We left for Kiyomizu temple first. We took a taxi but the taxi didn't move because a road to Kiyomizu temple was very crowded. So we got off the taxi on the way.


This is the street to Kiyomizu temple. Too many people!! My friend told me many souvenir shops on both sides of this street had a lot of samples, and we ate those, such as Yatsuhashi which was Kyoto's famous sweet food and Japanese pickles.


My Picture in front of Kiyomizu temple. Kiyomizu temple is a World Heritage site.


She is meeting many tourists' request to take a picture with them.


Let's go inside of Kiyomizu temple.


Three-story pagoda which is a national important cultural assets


I was worried about late autumn leaves. But it was pretty good. It was beautiful.


Really beautifu------l!!!


Really really beautiful!! And really too many people.


There was Momiji (autumn leaves) festival at Jishu shrine in kiyomizu temple. This shrine is famous for love knot so many young girls came.





Me with a beautiful scene in the background. Actually I was with my friend in this photo. But I don't ask him whether I can put his photo on my blog so I trimmed away his part.


This is Otowa waterfall in Kiyomizu temple. You have to stand in lo--ng line to reach the fall. People on front of the photo are in the middle of the line. Can you believe it?


On the way back. We didn't move because of many people. Too many people. I know Kiyomizu temple is one of the most popular temple for sightseeing. But... too many. People were saying that they haven't seen such a crowded Kiyomizu temple.

No comments: