Thursday, November 08, 2007

Romanian cuisine

I found a Romanian restaurant in my neighborhood. Romanian food?

There are various kind of restaurants in Tokyo. Probably there is no food we cannot eat in Tokyo. But Romanian restaurant is very rare. I don't know what is Romanian food and had never eaten it.

I went to the restaurant to have lunch. It was garnished with many folk goods, all staff were not Japanese (I don't know if they are Romanians though), BGM sounded folk music (I'm not sure it though).

I ordered "Friptura de porc la gratar cu legume". Price is 1,000yen which is an average lunch fee in the center of Tokyo, but VERY big portion. Salad, soup with a lot of vegetables (only the soup was enough for me), bread and large main dish! So 1,000yen is very reasonable. But it was too much for me. So at first I thought I shouldn't have eaten bread, but the bread seemed to be a bit different from others, such as French bread, so I tried to eat it, my tummy was very full though. It was high density and moist. I wonder it is Romanian bread?

After finishing eating main dish, I was full to burst and waiting a cup of coffee. Before coffee, unexpectedly cake was served. What!? I love sweet food... but...

Of course I ate the cake. hehe.

I found other dishes I wanted to eat next time, but I wonder if I can eat too big dishes again.

No comments: