Friday, July 31, 2009

My PC is acting up again.

It's been about three months since my PC stopped working and I reinstalled OS. My PC started working strangely again.
For example,

Even though I close the window of Firefox, its process is still alive. So when I try starting Firefox again, the message always appears and I have to end its process myself manually.

Characters sometimes aren't converted to correct Japanese.

When I move files, sometimes it remain "in moving", and it never finishes.

I'm using OneSeg on my PC, but recently, the TV programs I programmed recording failed to be recorded.

etc. etc...

Isn't it a problem that PCs have such lower reliability? I'm really disgusted.

4 comments:

J said...

whats your computer specs? hardware? OS?

sand said...

Jaguth,

My PC is Dell with Windows Vista. Memory is not enough for Vista. So I should add more memory.

Thank you for your comment!

J said...

Sand,

Firefox does not work well with windows vista. my wife has the exact same issues. try using internet explorer. or if you really want to use firefox, install windows xp or the new windows 7.

when the characters aren't converting anymore, you have to close and re-open firefox.

vista has issues with moving files.

in summary, vista sucks

sand said...

Jaguth,

Thank you for your advice. I wonder if I should change to Windows 7. Many people say it's quite good.
Yes, Vista is terrible!