Friday, July 17, 2009

New job opportunities

Last week, a recruiting agent contacted me to introduce job opportunities. I have been contacted by several recruiting agents before, but he was the first person (and I think he would be the last person) to contact me through LinkedIn. So I was surprised. I don't input much information of mine on LinkedIn. I just input my job summary. There is no information about my job history, education etc.

I met him this week at a coffee shop. He introduced me two job opportunities. Each situation is different, but both are very interesting. I hope I get good feedbacks from the companies.
I think both of the positions require high level English. Again... What I worry about the most is English.
The agent is from the US, but he has lived in Japan over 10 years. So I think he can speak Japanese fluently, we spoke in English though. Whenever I meet someone who speaks a foreign language well, I'm a bit depressed because of my poor English.

I checked the photo of the agent on LinkedIn before meeting him, but I bet he didn't know what I looked. In spite of that, he found me before I noticed him in the coffee shop. I wonder why???

No comments: