Thursday, June 22, 2006

Foreigner's age

I'm enjoying watching the World Cup these days.
When I watch international sports events such as the World Cup and Olympics, I'm sometimes surprised to hear age of foreign athletes. Even if I think they are veteran, actually they are 24 years old, 22 years old, even teenagers! Foreigners sometimes look old, I know Japanese (Asian) rather look younger though.

For example,
John Terry (England)
I thought he was older than Beckham... but he is 25...






Arjen Robben (Netherlands)
I also thought he was veteran. But when he got a goal, an announcer said "the young player Robben.....!" Young player? Yes, he was 22. I couldn't believe!





Djibril Cisse (France)
Unfortunately he isn't a member of the national team this time due to injury. I remember that he played at the 2002 World Cup and I thought he was a good player. I was very surprised to hear that he was 24. It means he was 20 at the last World Cup I remember?? Oh---!




I wonder how old Japanese players look for foreigners.

No comments: