Friday, June 09, 2006

The inauguration of the 2006th World Cup

Finally, the World Cup begins!

The team I cheer for best is Ukraine. The second is England. I cheered for England last time too. England is the country where soccer originated but they can't win the cup for a long time, they were not even favourite team. That is why I'm cheering England. But it seems that's not the case this time. It seems that England is one of favourite teams. Yeah. There are many talented players in England team this time, Gerrard, Lampard, Becham, Rooney...

As for Ukraine, player I know is only Shevchenko. I learn Ukraine team while watching their games. So please roll, Ukraine!

Before the inauguration, some players were injured. Cisse of France broke a bone. Poor things. He is a very good player and important to France.

Ballack of Germany was also injured and misses the first game. Germany, pinch!?

No comments: