Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm a singer??

As I wrote on this blog before, now I'm studying English using the textbook "Eigo-mimi" (English ear) to improve my listening skill. I'm in the phase that is singing English songs. Singing English songs!? Actually I usually don't hear English music at all. A writer of the book recommends songs of Carpenters because Karen's pronunciation is a sort of bible of English learners, I don't know well though.

So I'm hearing "Yesterday once more" now... everyday. According to the book, I must hear it more than 300 times. Step 1: hearing it 100 times without seeing lyrics, step 2: hearing 100 times seeing lyrics with phonetic symbol, step 3: singing together 100 times. I move to step 3 from now. Whew... It's a bit boring. But I intend to choose "Top of the world" for next song.



By the way, it's said that the reason Japanese can't hear English well is difference of passband. Left graph shows passband of each language. Hmm... According to this graph, I wonder French isn't difficult for Japanese? No, no! It's more difficult!!

No comments: