Monday, August 14, 2006

Joke in English

I talked with my friend who is a foreigner in English on the phone yesterday. My English is poor as usual, and talking on the phone in English is more difficult for me.

When he told a joke, I couldn't understand. It is not uncommon for me. I always don't understand jokes in English conversation. So I sometimes ask back repeatedly... I end up having my friends tell a joke again and again. Repeating a joke sucks, doesn't it? I can understand if I hear the same joke in Japanese.

I think problem is my rhythm of conversation. I guess I don't get into the rhythm of English conversation due to my poor English. Jokes appear in rhythmic conversation, right?

Probably, I continue to have many friends repeat jokes in the future. Forgive me, my foreigner friends!

No comments: