Monday, August 07, 2006

My first elementary school in a long while

I went to an elementary school to teach computer to schoolteachers today.
Hot! Very hot! There were air conditioners but it was not enough unlike offices. Especially corridor and toilet were like sauna!! And there was no vanity in bathroom unlike in office's one. It was terrible environment. Haha. Yes, school is not office.

Usually, participants in my training call me "sensei". Sensei is "teacher" in Japanese. But today, I also call them senei because they were schoolteachers. Haha.

In spite of summer holiday, many students came to school, most of them came to take pool class. Although it is very hot, kids are very powerful. When I was an elementary student, I also didn't think it was too hot even if there was no air conditioner. Kids are really lusty and powerful. I thought schoolteachers also must be powerful because they are always with those many powerful kids. It's a tough job, they have long holidays and don't work overtime at all though.

School doesn't change at all compared with one when I was a kid. Form of classrooms, student's desks and chairs, shelves for students' baggage, blackboards, school yards... every things are same. Many things change so rapidly in the world, but it seems that time stops in school.

No comments: