Friday, October 13, 2006

Getting a perm

I went to a hair salon today. I got a perm after a long time.

There was a foreign customer. I was interested in how he explained hairstyle he want.

There are many foreigners in Japan, especially in Tokyo. Many of them can't speak Japanese, and don't have willingwillingness to learn Japanese at all. (I like foreigners who try to speak and study Japanese.) They work for foreign companies and their Japanese wives speak English fluently. So they can live without speaking Japanese. But I always think how they explain to a beautician their desired hairstyle at hair salon.

That's why I was interested in the foreign customer. I listened with all my earsintently to their conversation. But, haha, he could speak Japanese.

If I live in other country, I would be worried about conversation at a hair salon. Always I can't explain my desired hairstyle very well even in Japanese. So my hairstyle today is... a bit uncomfortable feeling...

>PA, Thank you for your pointing out!

5 comments:

jeb said...

hello..i am searching for some friends using this blog thing..so, maybe we can be friend..if u have some free times, you can visit my blog at http://jenanese.blogspot.com

sand said...

najila,
Thank you for coming by my blog.
Your blog is nice, I can't read some articles though. I wonder if it is Malay tongue. I will visit your blog again.

sand said...

mur,
Oh---! I hadn't noticed it at all. Thank you for pointing out my mistake. Actually I can't speak English as much as my writing. So studying, studying...

PA said...

"Don't have willing to learn" should be "Aren't willing to learn" or "Don't have willingness to learn".
"I listened with all my ears" should be "I listened intently".
:-)

sand said...

Thank you, pa!
Oh, willingness. I thought "willing" was a noun. I see, it's an adjective.