Friday, April 02, 2010

Attending an English conversation Club

To improve my English conversation skills, I've always thought that I should have more time to speak English outside of my work.

I tried to attend an English circle today for the first time. People who want to improve their English gather and speak English.

Attendees were divided into 3 groups, beginner, beginner-intermediate and intermediate-advanced. I joined the intermediate-advanced group.
What I need to improve most is listening skill. I know I can't improve it in the circle, because all attendees are Japanese people and their level is not so high. But at least, it's useful for speaking. And the fee is only 500 yen for 110 minutes.

I'm thinking about going to an English conversation cafe. I've never gone such a cafe though. According to the info of its website, there is one native speaker for every table.

Speak, speak speak! and Listen, listen listen!

No comments: