Friday, April 02, 2010

Update on my job hunting

I have been looking for a good job opportunity for a while. After *"Lehman Shock", number of positions decreased. Especially, my specialty, HRD/Training is very narrow area, and it's the first target for cost cut.

I went all out to get an ideal position a couple of months ago.
Last month, I met several recruit agents and they introduced me 3 positions. I was selected for an interview on one of them and had the 1st interview the other day. On the same day, an agent introduced me another position. My job hunting seems to start taking off.


Today, I heard the feedback from the company I had the 1st interview with. They decided not to proceed to the next step with me. Actually I feel a bit relieved, because I had some concerned about the job opportunity. As a company, it's a great company. But as a working place for workers, I hear a lot of negative stories. I also had some concerned about the interviewer who would be a direct boss. So it might have been a good result. I was also introduced one more new position today. Goody, goody.

My preparation for the interview this time wasn't enough. I'm going to prepare to perfection next time.

*"Lehman Shock"
In Japan, we call Bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers "Lehman Shock." However, I haven't heard this word in English conversation or writing. I wonder if it is only used among Japanese people. We often say, "after Lehman Shock, blah-blah-blah."

No comments: