Sunday, July 11, 2010

The World Cup 2010 the Third-place match - Uruguay vs. Germany

Germany won 3-2.

It was a nice game! As I wrote in the previous article, silly Japanese terrestrial broadcasts didn't air the game. So I decided to see a website which showed us text-based updates on the game in real time. That means I had to READ the game, not to WATCH the game.

But!! There was a kind of chat section in the site and many people were on the chat line. Many people were bemoaning that they weren't able to watch the game on TV. Then, some people introduced some websites which were showing the game. So I tried to access the sites. I didn't know there were such websites!!
Then, luckily, I was able to watch the game from the latter half! It was really good because it was a very good game.

With Germany team, Miroslav Klose, Lukas Podolski and Philipp Lahm didn't attend the game. When I knew that, I thought Germany might not have a will to win, because they were the leading players of Germany. Klose was injured but why Podolski and Lahm... Then I found out that they caught a cold. A person who had the most terrible cold was a coach Loew. haha. A goalkeeper wasn't Manuel Neuer. I wonder if he also caught a cold, or a coach gave another goalkeeper the opportunity to attend the World Cup game.

In spite of the fact that some leading players didn't attend the game, Germany did really well. Uruguay did well too, especially Diego Forlan. His free kick in extra time was almost!!
As an aside, first name Diego seems to be a very common name in Uruguay. Among 23 players of the team, there are no less than 4 Diego!

The man of the match I chose is Thomas Mueller.

Although he is very young, he is already a leading player in Germany. As an aside again, I knew today that he is married although he is still 20 years old!

Germany placed the 3rd for the second time in a row. I guess they will advance to the final game at the next World Cup.
Congratulations! And aim at the final at the next World Cup!

No comments: