Friday, July 30, 2010

My English is really bad.

In my neighborhood, there are some hotels, such as Hilton and Hyatt. So you can see many tourists from abroad, especially in summer. (I never recommend foreigners to come to Japan in summer though. It's TOO humid.)

Tonight, I went to a convenience store. There were 2 young girls who seemed to be tourists from Korea. One of them asked me something in Japanese, but I wasn't able to understand her Japanese. She asked me if I can speak English. I said "Yes." Then we spoke English. They wanted to go back to their hotel but they lost.

Her English was excellent!! On the other hand, my English was terrible. I was ashamed.

Yesterday's interview, today's conversation with the Korean girl... Those made me realize that I had better improve my English.

6 comments:

yandao said...

Hey, I'm working in Shinjuku. If you're interested, I can help you with your English. In exchange, you can help me prepare for JLPT :)

sand said...

Yandao,

Thank you for your offer.
I'm a bit hesitate to meet a person who I don't know at all. So why don't we exchange some e-mail to get to know each other?
I'll write my tentative mail address in the following comment.
(I'll delete the comment soon.)

Also, thank you for reading my blog!

yandao said...

OK, got it!

yandao said...

あの、さきメールを送れなかったみたいです。Have you deleted the address?  ̄~ ̄;

sand said...

Hi,
I received your mail.
Sorry, I think you received an error message. I set that mails are forwarded to my cell phone, but mistook my cell phone address. That's why you received the error message. I'm so sorry. I'll reply to your mail soon!

yandao said...

Ah, no problem at all. Have a nice weekend!