Sunday, January 20, 2013

Helping people is...

When I was walking along the street, one homeless person was standing holing a magazine up.

The magazine was "The Big Issue." You might know it. It is intended to help homeless people earn income and get back into society.

The Big Issue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Issue

As I had been writing on this blog, what I was trying to be involved in is helping poor children in the world receive education. Actually I'm not so interested in the philanthropy toward Japanese people, because, even though some people are under terrible situation in Japan, their situation is MUCH better than people other than Japan I want to help. And homeless people in Japan are different from ones in other countries. Japan is a country where people can live without becoming a homeless person. In fact, there is NO street children in Japan.

I passed by the homeless person. I hastened to somewhere. However, I was having a feeling I wasn't sure about. Then, although I was already a bit far from him, I turned back to him and bought the magazine.

I realized that to help someone is not logic, but something urge which you can't help doing. In fact, the people who made great results in philanthropy areas started doing something immediately just after they thought so, such as Mother Teresa, John Wood and so on. In contrast, I do nothing special yet, I've been saying I want to help children though.

No comments: