Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekday Veg

I wrote "I should have more vegetable-focused diet" on this blog about a week ago.



However, I found that it's very difficult to cook perfect vegetarian foods.
As I need to increase the number of my recipes of vegetables, I was searching on the Internet. One of recipes I've found is a "baked Tofu with cheese."

1. Coat Tofu with flour
2. Coat them with beaten egg
3. Bake them with grated Parmesan cheese

Yummy!! (and easy!)

But!!

I realized that vegetarians never eat eggs and cheese, right?

But I don't mind. I'm not a vegetarian. Shouldn't be so strict!

2 comments:

Tim Frost said...

Many vegetarians do also eat eggs and cheese, and drink milk. There is a particular word, "vegan" for people who do not consume any animals or animal products. Actually there seems to be a whole variety of classifications according to the Wikipedia article.

By coincidence, a couple of days ago, I came across a new English word relevant to this subject. At least, I hadn't seen it before, though it is about ten years old. The word is "flexitarian" and it describes a person who choses to avoid eating meat sometimes, but not always. (Flexitarian)

Then, today, there was another relevant article on the BBC web site. It described the problems that vegetarians have in countries of the world where that choice of diet is unusual and not understood. (20 of your tales of vegetarian woe)

Well, your recipe does sound simple and tasty. Shall we invent a new word, "tofutarian"? Oh, too late. Somebody has already thought of it.

sand said...

Oh, there are vegetarians who eat animal products.

I think Japan is inconvenient place to live for vegetarians and vegans. There hadn't been kind of vegetarian-culture here, because traditional Japanese food barely include meat and other animal products. The current Japanese diet has changed though.

It's good to know the words.
I'm flexitarian from now on, and tofutarian!!