Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Olympic flame has arrived at India.

The Olympic flame has arrived at India where there are the largest exiled Tibetans.

Things in connection with that has been big news since the rebellion happened in Lhasa. It's really an interesting topic for me, because...
There are 2 reasons.

Reason 1: I've always felt it strange that China was selected as the venue of the Olympics.
Reason 2: I'm very interested in Tibetan Buddhism.

About reason 1;
Food safety, the pollution in the air, the humanitarian problem... it was obvious that China had many problem like these before it was selected. So I had always thought why the IOC chose China. I personally think China is immature country to have international events like Olympics. Chinese can't even stand in line.

About reason 2;
I've always concerned about Tibetan problem. So I am for boycott for the Beijing Olympics Games by leaders from around the world. In a sense, this is a good opportunity that many countries and people in the world address the Tibetan problem by China.

No comments: