Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'll conduct a surgery on my PC (<-- exaggerated)

Yesterday, I was very tired after calling Microsoft Customer Support. I usually don't call any customer support centers. I always fixed something myself. So I decided that I'll do it myself this time, too.

1)
Fist, I need to back up my data. I bought a DVD-RW for that just now and will go home from now.

2)
After the back-up, I'll reinstall OS clean, which is a big surgery. (Sorry. I just wanted say it exaggeratedly.

Next, I have to install softwares and drivers I use. Those are many... I also need to set up some things.

3)
I'll download and install Firefox. I'm going to use it instead of IE.

I hope those go well.

Havarlan,
Thank you for your advice.
I have used Linux and UNIX a bit at work, but I don't feel like using them at home. haha.
My PC was pre-installed OS when I bought it. I see. I should have reinstalled it as soon as I bought it. I'll keep remember it and do it when I buy a new PC sometime.
Thank you for detailed explanation!

Fx Tio,
Thank you for your comment.
Yes, those happened suddenly.
I'll back up my data soon. It is very inconvenient that I can't access the Internet.(T_T) I hope everything will be fixed. Thank you!

4 comments:

Herm said...

For some reason, I thought that you were a computer expert/IT type person.

sand said...

I was an IT trainer.

Joe said...

Maybe you can try the system backup software,like "ghost" software etc. It makes your syatem and drives as a backup, next time when you want reinstall your computer, it only needs a couple of minutes.

sand said...

Joe,

Thank you for your comment.
Oh, actually I used to use the Ghost at work. Thank you for your advice!