Friday, June 19, 2009

Movie: Terminator 4

I went to watch "Terminator 4 (Salvation)" yesterday. It was awesome!

The visuals were really powerful. And the battle and action scenes continued in almost all of the parts, so I hardly had a chance to breathe. Those were too powerful, so I was scared and sometimes I had trouble keeping watching a screen. Although I don't like movies filled by battle and action scenes, I think it was a great movie. It was a definitely different movie from the past Terminators.

A special note of the movie is Marcus Wright. I think it's fair to say that this is a movie of Marcus Wright, not of John Connor. John Connor was as if he was just a supporting role.
I didn't know Sam Worthington who acted Marcus, but thanks to this movie, he must become a famous actor.

When I saw the face of John Connor in the movie, the first thing I thought was why he didn't have scars on his face. Haha. He was supposed to have scars, wasn't he? I could understand it at the last of the movie though.

A 9 year-old girl whose name was Star appeared in the movie.
Her facial expression was very cute and I was very impressed by her. And I bet she will be a key person in Terminator 5.

There was a pity. When John Connor got a serious injury at the end of the movie, I easily could see what would happen next.

Terminator 1 was made as a low-budget B film, after all, it become a big hit though.
I like the past Terminators, but I deeply felt that the Terminator series have grown up well. haha.

--- Addition ---
There was another one that has also grown up.
Actor who played Kyle Reese is Anton Yechin.
He appeared the movie "Hearts in Atlantis" starring Anthony Hopkins. Yes, he is that boy.

2 comments:

Herm said...

For some reason I thought you would be into comedies more so than T4 type movies.

You might like Rambo 2.

sand said...

Herm,

You are right. I don't like action movies so much. (So I don't watch any movies of Sylvester Stallone. ^^) But somehow I watch Terminator. I don't know why.
I like human drama movies. (^.^)
Thank you for your comment!