Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Talking on Skype

I talked with one of my friends on Lang-8 on Skype yesterday. It's the first time for me to talk on Skype fully.

At first, we communicated on IM, then we talked. He spoke Japanese very well with good pronunciation. I wish I were you!
In contrast, my English conversation skill is terrible as usual. My weakness has been conversation, especially listening, since a long time ago. It hasn't been changed.

I have been using English almost at work, but in a new project I'm joining next month, I don't need to speak English. It means I wouldn't have any opportunity to speak English. It's a critical situation for me to improve my English, isn't it?
So, I think I should have more opportunities to speak English outside of work, like talking on Skype. I wonder if I should look for more people I can get together with on Skype to improve each language.

We tried to do video call on Skype. I could see his video, but he couldn't see mine. I changed the setting of video, but it didn't work. I wonder why. I should get used to using Skype as well as speaking English. haha.

3 comments:

Herm said...

You should Skype me sometime. I don't have a camera phone though.

sand said...

Herm,

Thank you!
I wonder if your Skype name is also "Herm."
I'll search it in the directory.

Herm said...

Cool. Lets have a chat sometime. My Skype name is hwp982 by the way.

Peace