Friday, January 12, 2007

Beckham is moving.

I've heard surprising news yesterday. England soccer player David Beckham will move team from Real Madrid in Spain to Los Angeles Galaxy in the US.

Media is dealing largely with it and his transfer fee is also large!

I'm not surprised that he will leave from Real and move to other team, but why moving to America where soccer isn't popular and prospering in? Beckham is very famous top player, but there are many people who don't know him and it seems that his wife who is ex-Spice Girls is more famous in the US.

Why did you choose America, Beckham?

4 comments:

PA said...

All that money, I guess! Plus the English are very cynical towards Beckham - they think he's stupid - whereas Americans are less cynical, I guess, so America is more welcoming for Beckham and Posh...
I don't know that much about Beckham though because I've been away!

sand said...

Oh, really? I thought he was very popular in England.
Hmm... money? He has earned as much money as he can't use in his life though. Haha!

PA said...

Well, as a person, people think he's stupid. As a footballer people thought he was brilliant until the World Cup...
Hmm, that's true. But Posh likes her money ;-)

sand said...

I see. I also think he is an excellent as a players.
I heard that reason of his moving to the US is that Posh wants to be active in Hollywood. I don't know if it's true though.