Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Small breakthrough?

I hadn't had English conversation for a while except for my learning. And I talked with English native speakers in English yesterday and today, it's the first time after a long time.

I know I should have English conversation as much as possible so I tried to have a language exchange partner before, but I found that it was SO hard to find a good language partner that I stopped to look for anyone. But I realized again that it's very important for improving my English. But I have little chance to speak English except at work.

Recently, it seems that my listening skill has improved a little increased. I hear English a bit clearer than ever. I had never feel such a thing. I always hear that language skills don't improve step by step. The skills don't improve at all for a while, and then suddenly it improves, for example one day you burst into understanding what people say. It's the breakthrough.

So I was waiting for my breakthrough, for a long time. Hmm... It's now? But isn't it too small for the breakthrough? Anyway, I think it's a good time to improve my English more and more!

4 comments:

PA said...

Cool! Sounds like a good breakthrough. I found with my Japanese that I suddenly improved. But I imagine I just hadn't realized I was improving until it was a big enough improvement to be recognizeable...maybe.
"Listening skill has improved a little" da ne.
Surely it's not that hard to find a language exchange partner? There seemed to be many girls looking to do language exchange...Gude luck anyway~

Anonymous said...

Sand,
How about you give your DB friend
a call sometimes and we can catchup
and practice some English together.
btw, Happy New Year :-)

sand said...

PA,
It's so difficult to find a GOOD (or decent) language partner. I had met many people for the exchange language. But most of them had no willingness to study language. They just want to meet women, or have a date etc... I had have 2 good language partners before but it's hard to find a person like them.

Anyway, I'm happy to see my breakthrough, even if it's small.

sand said...

Hi, my DB friend,
Thank you for putting the comment. How are you? Are you busy as ever? I said that I thanked you with dinner, but I haven't. Sorry.

I will call you!