Friday, May 07, 2010

The letter from Rubel

I got a letter from Rubel today! Of course it's was written by a local staff in charge, not Rubel himself. I assume that Rubel can't read and write.

Here is the letter written in Bengali.

The English translation was attached. According to it, he wants to be a teacher in the future. I hope the area where he lives is able to be an environment where he and all other children can make their dreams come true.

Of course this letter is not a reply to my letter which I wrote to him a few days ago. The NPO tells child sponsors to allow about 4 months to get a reply to their letter. (4 months! It a quite long time.) The letter this time is to thank me for becoming his sponsor.

Ruble's handprint was also enclosed with the letter.
What a small hand! Attain you dream with the hand!
I hope I can be of some help to you.

No comments: