Sunday, May 16, 2010

What I want to do for children is...

I've always thought I want to do something so that all children in the world get education. I sometimes wrote about that on this blog.
However, I'm wondering what I really want to do.

The other day, I watched an American TV drama. (ER XIII "Jigsaw")
One guy, who is probably around 30 years old, came to the hospital. He was very rude and vicious. But actually he suffers from a multiple personality disorder. He has another personality which is normal. He had been terribly abused by his foster parents when he was a kid.

When he was in a bed in the hospital, his third personality appeared, which was a small boy.
He saw another boy in the room next to him in tears and asked a doctor.

Guy (boy): Is he OK?
Doctor: Yes.
Guy (boy): His mother is mean. I wish she wasn't so mean.

Conversation is continuing.

Guy (boy): Don't tell my dad that I'm here. He is very intimidating. (sob)
Doctor: Your secret is safe with me.
Guy (boy): It's dark here. You are leaving early? (sob)
Doctor: No. I'm here.
Guy (boy): That's good. (sob and smile)

Then, they start talking about toy cars he likes.

There might be very few people who cry watching this scene, but while I was watching it, I couldn't stop the tears.

I realized that what I want to do is not only help children get education, but protect them from all harsh situation.

All children should be protected from conflict, cruelty, exploitation, neglect and abuse.
All children should be given peace, love, safe and education.

However, I have no clue where to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put Sand.

sand said...

Thank you for your comment!