Sunday, June 13, 2010

The first schooling

It's been about 2.5 months since I entered 3rd grade of a university. So far so good.

Yesterday, I attended my first schooling. The class was quite good. It was good for me that I got some information about examination from some other students.
I'm attending the class's second day. I's a bit hard to spend all weekend for the class, but students have to get some credits for taking part in classes, although it's a correspondence university.

By the way, it's 3am and I have already woken up, because I'm watching the game England vs. the US from now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Using the term "grade" to describe schooling sounds a little unnatural when discussing college/university. If you're studying American English, here are the equivalent terms we use for each year we study for both high school and college/university:

First year: Freshman
Second Year: Sophomore
Third Year: Junior
Fourth Year: Senior

Example: It's been about 2.5 months since I entered my junior year of college.

Good luck with your class!

Herm said...

That was a good game. England was a bit stronger than us so it was nice to come away with a tie.

Its been a great world cup so far.

sand said...

Anonymous,

Thank you. I've finished today's class and I'm a bit tired...

Oh, so I can say, "I'm a junior."
I see. I wonder if where the word "Sophomore" comes from.
That's good to know. Thank you very much!

sand said...

Herm,

Yeah! It was a really good and exciting game.
It was a pity that the England goalkeeper fumbled a ball though.

I'm sleepy today. (^.^)