Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I became a translation volunteer.

As I wrote here before, I started sponsoring a child through a NGO "World Vision."

The World Vision was recruiting translation volunteers, so I applied for it. The translation volunteers translate letters between sponsors and children. To be the volunteer, you have to take a translation test and pass it. I received the test and did it the other day.

It's very hard to translate in two ways. One is that their English grammar is not correct. It's not so big problem. More difficult thing is making out their handwriting. It's really really hard to read their handwriting. So it takes me much time to translate them.

Fortunately, I passed the test, and I sent the World Vision an agreement documents today.

I'm glad that I can do something to help.

2 comments:

Demetrius said...

Good for you... Congratulations!

sand said...

Thank you very much!