Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oops! England!

The game England vs. the US was very exciting and I enjoyed it, although England couldn't win. It ended in a 1-1 tie.

The US's goal was due to fumbling by a England's goalkeeper Robert Green. He must be very shocked and depressed. I feel sorry for him.

Although the US's shot went straight in front of a keeper...

Oops, fumbling!

Ahhhh, shocked!!

Dejected Robert is consoled by his teammate after the first half.

The official ball of the World Cup 2010 named Jabukani has been very unpopular among players since before the World Cup started, especially among keepers and defenders, because the orbit of the ball changes terribly. (Does the expression of this sentence make sense? I'm not sure how I should say it in English.)
 So it probably caused Robert's mistake. However, he said in the interview that he didn't make any excuse.
I know you are a great goalkeeper, Robert!!

8 comments:

AVINASH INARKAR said...

Lovely article. Oops! England!..

U know sand while reading your article probably all or most of it. i find the same problem, i am facing as u... it was "listening". i don't but most of the time i m not able to recognize the "word" said by someone or while watching the movies i cant get it the word said by in movies.

Can u tell me what should i do??? i hope ! u do help me..

sand said...

I want to know what I should do to improve my listening skills. haha.
At the moment, I do dictation of English dialogues and listen English conversations in TV as much as possible. I think dictation is good to improve listening skills.

AVINASH INARKAR said...

ok just let me know how u do the dictation. so i can do the practice in the same way and about the conversation i do watch the english movie but as usual. i cant get the words in movie.

Herm said...

Actually, I was pretty impressed with England. I think I will be a fan of England from now. Except when they are playing the US of course.

sand said...

Avinash,

How to do the dictation? It's just taking dictation of English dialogues. Just it. I usually listen to a 1 minute dialogue and write down sentence by sentence. After that, I compare my writing with the script and find where I mistake. Then I listen the parts of mishearing repeatedly seeing the script.

Sometimes dictation makes me frustrate, because I sometimes can't make out a dialogue in spite of listening repeatedly. haha.

sand said...

Herm,

Oh, really?! England is a good team, isn't it?
So let's cheer for England together!
I hope both the US and England can advance to the next stage.

Herm said...

I watched the game with almost all England fans so I had to listen to almost every one of their soccer songs. I wish we had soccer songs like that . . .

sand said...

England fans are extremely enthusiastic, right?
I wonder if Japanese soccer has songs.