Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's finally "Shiwasu".

Recently, there are many bummers. Hmm... I wonder I'm at the bad position in my fortune biorhythm now. I don't do my best and am lazy recently. Those are paramount cause, I think. God is seeing my recent behavior.

I bought cakes to encourage me. Haha. I just wanted to eat it. My favorite cake is chiboust. I plan to cook it myself.

By the way, I got a Christmas card from my friend who lives in Germany. Oh, it is that season already. I must prepare for some things.
[Writing nengajo]
Nengajo means New Year's cards. Usually Japanese send New Year's card instead of Christmas cards.
[O-soji]
It means BIG year-end cleaning. Japanese clean house on a massive scale at the end of year.
[Cooking osechi]
Osechi food is Japanese traditional New Year's food.

Every one is busy at the end of year. Japanese sometimes call December "shiwasu". Shiwasu means "even the master (or teacher) runs (because of busy).

4 comments:

Azxel said...

oooh.. i learn some new words today. =)

Anonymous said...

hi sayuri
i hope you are well. in japan, you have osoji...in the US, we have "sprint cleaning". It is at a different time of year, but it is the same meaning.

i ignore both because i am lazy!

sand said...

Azxel,
Those words are related to Japanese traditional things.(^^)

sand said...

Kirk,
Hisashiburi! How is your business trip?

I think spring cleaning is better. Because cleaning in winter is cold, especially window and veranda washing.