Sunday, December 04, 2005

Please don't call me any more.

Like I wrote on this blog the other day, the movie that title is my name will hit screens soon.

When one foreigner spoke to me to solicit to the English school and asked me my name, he said that my name was most famous Japanese name now.
The English teacher who checked my English level yesterday also said the same thing.
Sigh...

And the movie publicity is airing here and there. It means my name is called repeatedly everywhere. I'm a bit fed up.

But I think I will watch the movie because I've heard it is very beautiful movie. And I found a paperback of the novel of the movie today. After watching the movie, I should try to read it to study English.

8 comments:

Azxel said...

awww.. Sand. Poor thing. It's that humilifying, eh? >_< Just look at it from the bright side and offer a smile.

sand said...

Thank you.
Will this movie also hit screens in Malaysia?

Azxel said...

Yea. It will.. I think sometime in January. It won't be called "Sayuri" though.

sand said...

Maybe it's original title "Memories of a Geisha", right?
I think using the word "geisha" is good for foreigners.

Azxel said...

Yea, it's called "Memoirs of a Geisha" (not memories).
It's two different words with different meanings.

sand said...

Oh-----! I had thought the title was "Memories...".

Azxel said...

nope, =)
memoirs is like a journal while memories are like recollection. both quite similiar though.

sand said...

Yeah, those have similar meanings.
And spellings are very similar. I'm confused.