Saturday, December 03, 2005

Checking my English level

I took the English level check at an English conversation school today and I just came home. The school is where I took the TOEIC mock exam last week.

My level was level 5. (From level 1 that is the lowest to level 8 that is the highest.) My lowest part was pronunciation. It was the low of level 5. One of my highest parts was grammar, which was level 6. Surprisingly listening was also level 6, although I always think it is my weakest. I think it isn't correct evaluation, because the assessor (English teacher) spoke English very slowly and clearly. Usually English speakers don't speak in that way. In fact, I couldn't understand what English teachers spoke when they spoke each other decorating the Christmas tree.

After the level check, a school staff introduced me the school's courses and materials. Of course it was the purpose of theirs. So I could take the TOEIC mock exam and the level check free of charge. Those were very expensive.

2 comments:

Azxel said...

how slow?

I speak fast and I get quite a lot of complains from people. I think I should speak slower so people can catch what I say. Speaking clearly and slowly would be the proper way of speaking... unlike my way which is like a speeding train out of control.

sand said...

I speak Japanese with foreigners, who speak Japanese a little, slowly and clearly much more than speak to Japanese friends.
Likewise, English teachers spoke to me very slowly and clearly.

By the way, I also speak fast usually. (Of course I mean speaking Japanese.)