Saturday, October 18, 2008

"bTibet08" The first session

"bTibet08", which is the event to know Tibetan Buddhist culture, is held in Gokoku temple in three-time series.

The first session was held today and I went to attend it. Today's theme was "Touching Tibet and its Buddhist culture".


It's Gokoku temple. Let's go in.


First, I worshipped at the principal image of Gokoku temple.

Then, I went to the site of bTibet08.


Oh, there is the photo of Dalai Lama XIV in the center.


Wow, it's the first time I've seen real Tibetan monks.

The first was the introduction lecture "About the progress of Tibetan Buddhism and its calvary" by a Japanese person, who is probably a leading Tibet-related expert in Japan (I don't know well though).

The second is the sermon by a Tibetan monk. Actually I left in the middle of this sermon because I had to go to a bicycle shop to pick my bicycle up by 6pm.

Today's session was... a bit different form my expectation. What I try to know is basic teachings of Tibetan Buddhism. I don't intend to be a believer so I don't need deep and difficult parts. OK, I look forward to the next session which will be held the next month.

No comments: