Friday, October 24, 2008

Google Phone

Google phone "G1" with OS "android" was released in the US.

It's not fashionable at all! I wonder why all smart phones lack in design. Just its functionality is focused.
I think the same applies to cell phones in other countries.

Japan is an advanced country in cell phones. If you go to a cell phone shop, you can find many kind of fashionable, stylish and cool cell phones. Cell phones in Japan have to be superior both in fashionability and in functionality.
I think that's why sales of iPhone in Japan aren't increasing.

I don't make good use of cell phone's functions. I'm using just voice, mails, an address book and sometimes web access. I always choose a cell phone just for its design. So a smart phone seems to be too much for me. But if those were more fashionable, I might buy one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess businessmen don't really care about design. (Coz I guess such phones are focused on such group of people , because of price xD) It has to be
1. New
2. Expensive
3. And has a lot of gadgets xD.
To be honest don't really care about design, my cellphone has to have big display, that's all.

sand said...

tomususan,

Thank you for your comment. As you say, Google phones might be mainly used by businesspeople and they don't care about design.
If you came to Japan, you would be very surprised at colorful and fashionable design of cell phones! Those are much different from ones in other countries. (^.^)