Thursday, August 12, 2010

3D aquarium

There is a famous aquarium in Okinawa, which is "Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium." I really want to visit there sometime.

Every summer, there is an event in Tokyo which shows a part of Chraumi Aquarium in 3D display. Today, I went there for the first time.

First, there was a real tank out of the building.
Shark!!!

On the 1st and 2nd floors, there are some small displays and fixed 3D glasses. You can see 3D images looking through the glasses.
Fixed glasses looks very strange, do they?

Finally, I arrived a small theater. I was handed 3D glasses at the reception.
People are waiting for starting the 3D aquarium.

Many non-Japanese who probably tourists came there too
3D aquarium was great!! Especially a manta!! Big manta swimming slowly with elegance come out of the screen. What a grand image!
Like this.
haha. Of course it's not a real photo. And it's not a manta, but a whale shark.

I'll go to the real Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium without fail!!

2 comments:

Tim Frost said...

That looks like an interesting exhibition, and the real aquarium must be better, and the real Okinawan sea even better.

Something I liked when I last went to an aquarium was the tank where you can stroke the fish. I have uploaded a video to YouTube to show you. It is not good quality, but you can get an impression from it.

Touching Fish

sand said...

Wow! The ray seems to be enjoying to play with human! I can't believe that fishes do that. It like a dolphin!
Thank you for the great video!!