Monday, August 23, 2010

My bad listening comprehension #19

I write the "My bad listening comprehension" series for the first time in a long time. That doesn't mean I haven't misheard English during that time, needless to say.

This time, I caught the following sentence when I did dictation.

And robot happy with our respective jobs.

Of course, this sentence is strange and I obviously misheard it.

The correct sentence is;

And we're both happy with our respective jobs.

I wonder why I can hear "robot" for "we're both." Those are different at all.
However, although I have already known the correct sentence, I can still hear it "robot."
I tried to listen to the sentence repeatedly, but it's still "robot" for me.
Whew...

My hearing wrong of the past:
http://sandfriend.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-bad-listening-comprehension-18.html

No comments: