Thursday, August 26, 2010

The current situation of my job hunting.

I got the feedback of an interview I had last month. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to advance to the next step.

I got the feedback a month after having the interview. Don't you think it's very slow response? Actually, it took no less than one and a half months to get the result of resume screening. How slow they are.
Actually, if someone asked me what kind of companies I don't want to work for, I would immediately answer that it's a company which is slow to do anything, especially making decision. I don't think such a company doesn't have has their a future. And working for a slow-pace company is stressful for me. So the result this time may be good for me. Am I too positive? (^o^)

Just after I got the negative feedback, an agent introduced me to another position. The position itself is really interesting, but the reputation of the company is bad. I usually don't care about a company such as company's size, name value, industry etc. I just care about a position, I mean it's important for me what I do in a company. However, the case of the company in this case, actually some other agents have already introduced the same position to me before, and I declined all of them due to the company's reputation.
So I once declined in this time too. But the agent emphasize on how attractive the position is for me. I agree with her. Then I decided to try to apply for the position and talk to them.
My resume screening went well and I'll have the 1st interview next week.

4 comments:

Demetrius said...

Good luck to you... Impress them! :)

Tim Frost said...

It isn't acceptable for a company to be slow, but there could have been a good reason for it. Perhaps they had to interview a lot of candidates over a period of time. It is more important that the company keeps its promise about when they will let you know the outcome. If their response is later than they said, then that is a bad sign.

Good luck with the interview, and let us know how it went.

There is a problem with:
I don't think such a company doesn't have their future.
Two problems, actually.

First, the two negatives. In English they cancel out. Two negatives make a positive, as in maths (-2 * -6 = +12). Such a sentence is possible in English, but it isn't what you wanted to say. The "corrected" version is:
I don't think such a company has their future.
I changed "doesn't have" to "has", rather than "does have".

It's not completely right yet, though.
We wouldn't use the word "their" in that sentence or similar sentences, we would just use "a".
I don't think such a company has a future.
Another example:
He keeps trying to win, but he doesn't have a chance. (not "his chance")

sand said...

Demetrius,

Thank you! I'll try to do my best!

sand said...

Tim,

Thank you for pointing out my mistakes!!
The detailed explanation is very useful and helpful!!