Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Having a warm feeling in the movie

I wonder if the movie "Punchline" is famous and popular. I don't know why but I happened to watch it on TV a couple of times.
Leading characters are acted by Tom Hanks and Sally Field.

The story isn't so attractive to me as a whole. But I like the part which is the family bonds of the woman acted by Sally. Although her husband is a bit fat, not handsome, and commonplace person, he is very warm and faithful. if you had a husband like him, you could have a happy life. In fact, in the movie, the woman realized it at last.

My favorite scene is, one day, the woman had her hair cut and got a perm, and she ended up having terrible hairstyle. When she came back to the home from a hair salon, she was almost crying and said "I didn't mean to..." Her husband and two daughters saw her, although they were a bit surprised at her hairstyle, they tried hard to compliment her hairstyle. It has a warm feel to it.

John Goodman who played the husband.
The name "Goodman" fits the character he acted.

No comments: