Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The evaluation of Beijing Olympics by other countries media.

The article about the evaluation of Beijing Olympics by other countries media has been placed.
I try to translate it.

"China committed to increasing the freedom of expression, improvement of human-rights issue and so on when its Olympic bid. We now found those were lies."
The Washington Post criticized China's behavior on their editorial titled "In-jail Olympics." They also say, "China also got the gold medal in REPRESSION."

"The Chinese government got the success of the Olympics without offering any concessions." The New York Times criticized the IOC's coward attitude toward China. They also say Bush and other leaders should tell China that China's breach of the policy pledge of the Olympics wouldn't be ignored and forgotten.

The Daily Telegraph says, "Who can remember the opening ceremonies of Athens, Atlanta, Sydney or Seoul? Things which happened in the athletics track field, the swimming pool and other competition sites are never disappear from people's memories.

Whew... It's hard to translate news articles...

By the way, I'd like to go to London to see the Olympics 4 years later. London says, unlike Beijing, they wouldn't hold the Olympics for boosting national prestige. Yes, it's right. It's the right Olympics. I'm looking forward to the London Olympics, I've heard that there are many British people who don't like Japanese though. OK, OK, I don't mind.

2 comments:

PA said...

he he! Really? They love the Japanese!
I guess the older generation might have some reservations about the Japanese mindset (those around during the war), but young people really like Japan and the Japanese. I'd say British are more negative towards the Chinese than Japanese...people are fascinated by Japan.
There is negative press here though about Japan and this is usually to do with whaling, working too hard, crazy manga, or the war.
But I'd say in general the Brits like the Japanese as much as any country likes another country :-)

sand said...

Thank you, PA!
I'm very happy to hear that.
The information I've got might have been the opinions of the old generation, because it was about the war or the Emperor.

I think British people are excited about the next Olympics. I hope I can visit London to see it!