Thursday, August 21, 2008

It was a good job opportunity though.

As I wrote on this blog, I'm looking for the opportunity that I can work overseas. (ref: http://sandfriend.blogspot.com/2008/06/before-working-abroad.html) So I sometimes have interviews with some companies which agents introduced to me.

I had an interview with one company last month. When the agent introduced it to me, I thought it might have been a bit different from what I want to do. But having the interview, I thought it a good opportunity for me and hoped it was going well.

The next day of the interview, the interviewer who is manager and a direct boss of the position informed through the agent that she wanted to talk with the head of APAC region who would be the next interviewer after he/she would come back from vacation at the biginning of August.

In the middle of this month, the agent told me that she talked to the manager I had the interview with, and the vacation of the head of APAC region was until 18th and after that they would talk.

But I still haven't any feedback. It's almost a month since I had the interview. So I decided if I don't receive any feedback by the end of this week I will decline.

I've always thought that a company, which can't make a quick response and can't make a quick decision, can't survive a competitive business world. Because, due to their late response and late decision making, they misses a lot of good business chance and even good human resources. Oh, it's me? Hehe.

No comments: