Thursday, August 21, 2008

My bad listening comprehension #13

In a dialogue about life insurance, they talks about several life insurance frauds.

"In fact, some have actually faked on dance."

Faking on dance? What people fake about dancing? And what relation is there between dance and insurance frauds?

The correct sentence is;
"In fact, some have actually faked their own deaths."
Geh--!
Own deaths <---> on dance.

And I couldn't catch "their". Actually this sentence continues.
"In fact, some have actually faked their own deaths, and others tried to kill their spouses or burn their houses in order to collect."

I couldn't catch all 3 "their". And "their" sometimes sounds like "neir".

My hearing wrong of the past:
http://sandfriend.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-bad-listening-comprehension-12.html

No comments: